Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday and Lent

1 - Spring-like Winter days
2- A healthy foot (feels good to get over and injury and run, pain-free!)
3- Time - so nice to have free time today. I was able to return to my Vermont vacation and ease into being back in the city and in the mindset of what needs to be done.

Some friends and I were discussing recently what foods would be the hardest for us to give up for an extended period of time, and I said chocolate, because of the joy it brings me, would be very hard to live without. This conversation provoked a lot of thought about dependency and why we have such strong urges towards things like chocolate and sugar (or at least I do). So, although I have almost completely abandoned my Catholic upbringing, I've decided that Lent would be a excellent time for me make some changes and do an experiment. So, starting Feb. 17th, I will give up candy (including chocolate candy) and will exercise in some way, every day through Sat. April 3rd(the end of lent). Seems doable, but I think remembering/not being completely absent minded about it will be my biggest challenge. That and setting time aside for physical activity every day. Oh, that and not eating chocolate. Let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment